The West Kleedt Aan Foundation (WKA) visits community centers in Amsterdam West to become a clothing store for one day, where people can choose beautiful (second-hand) clothing for free. This way, we help both people and the environment. Will you join us?
1. Job Description
– Receiving and selecting clothing in storage
– Moving clothing and other materials during event days (+- 2 days every 3/4 months)
– Preparing and hanging clothing for the event
– Assisting during the market (helping visitors/ serving coffee and tea/ keeping the space tidy)
2. Required Knowledge or Skills
– Ability to lift/fold clothes
3. What You Gain
– Eternal gratitude from neighborhood residents who visit (priceless )
– A friendly team of 15 volunteers, each contributing in their own way
4. Working Hours
– Sorting clothing is sporadic during the day (weekday/weekend) –> volunteers are called upon via Messenger for specific days
– The markets occur every 3 to 4 months, setting up on Friday afternoon/evening and the market on Saturday afternoon
– There’s no obligation to be present at every event, but regular help is appreciated.
If you’d like to help us and support both people and the environment, please respond to this job posting, and we will get in touch with you.