Would you like to play a vital role in welcoming our visitors in an atmospheric, historic and welcoming work environment? The Luther Museum is looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers!
The Luther Museum Amsterdam is situated in the Wittenberg building on the Nieuwe Keizersgracht canal. The building was built in e 1772 as the Evangelical Lutheran Diaconal house for the Elderly. It played a major role in the care of the poor, the elderly and orphans. The Lutheran church and diaconate built up important heritage collection in the course of history The building itself – comprising the governors’ rooms, the corridor and hallway and the church hall – is the main collection piece. The heritage collection also includes paintings as well as authentic pieces of silverware and furniture.
As a host/hostess, you will be the public face of the Luther Museum Amsterdam and ensure that our visitors receive a warm welcome.
– Receiving visitors.
– Providing information and encouraging visitors to engage with our collection
– Performing front-desk duties (ticket sales and handing out audio tours).
– Supervisory duties.
– Hospitable and service-oriented.
– Good social skills.
– Stress- resistant
-Good command of Dutch and English.
What do you get in return?
– An attractive working environment at a historic site.
– Contact with diverse visitors, team work with fellow volunteers and with the museum manager.
– Opportunity to work within the museum environment
– Opportunity to participate in training and information sessions.
– Attendance at concerts, lectures and other events organized by the museum.
– Travel reimbursement (negotiable).
The museum is open Thursday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., split into two shifts. Morning shift from 10.45-14.00 or afternoon shift from 14.00-17.15
Complete the online application form by using the button “Reageer”, and we will contact you.